Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oil Painting



I just finished one of my oil paintings and thought that I would post a picture of it. I have a feeling this painting will make me famous and bring in a ton of money!! hahaha!!! I never thought that I would say this but I love to paint! I am not artistic at all but it feels great to just sit down with a blank canvas and just create what ever comes to mind. The thing that I love about art is that it doesn't have to be perfect or done in a certain way, its just what ever you want it to be.
Spencer and I had been trying to find a hobby that we could both do together and painting has been the perfect match. In the evenings we put the kids to bed, we pull out our easels and canvas, and paint. It has been fun going to art museums and galleries to get inspiration for our next "work of art" We have also developed a great appreciation for art and especially oil painting. Last week we had an incredible opportunity to meet a very talented artist named Santiago. We had so much fun just talking with him and finding out what inspired him to paint the pictures that he did.
Spencer of course has been working on a masterpiece! For those of you who don't know Spencer is quite the artist. His painting is going to be amazing when its done. So Keep checking back for more of our art work!!!

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

Your painting looks great! I'm glad I got to see it and I think it's so fun that you guys are painting together!