Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bike Ride

I just have to brag about how awesome Isabelle is at riding her bike. She has been practicing everyday to get ready for our big bike ride this weekend. We took the bikes to the trail at prairie oaks. Isabelle rode for almost a half a mile. Most of it was uphill and rocky. She did great! By the end her face was bright red and her legs were hurting and she wanted to walk and pull her bike. She was pretty upset at me because I wouldn't let her stop. I told her that if she didn't finish the ride she couldn't play at the playground. So through the tears and being as tired as she was she kept going. As she came down off of the last hill (mind you these are pretty tiny hills but huge for a four year old). She was all smiles!!!! She kept saying "Mom, I didn't give up, I didn't give up! I learned something very important...try your hardest and never give up. You just have to try and try and then you will get it." Way to go Isabelle!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Isabelle! What a little grown up she is I can't believe it. Max and his love of bugs is so cute too. He's so sweet, "here bug" I love it. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!